Dr. Matthew Gerald provides a full menu of general, cosmetic, and restorative dental services to patients in our Vienna, VA dental practice. To provide customized treatment, Dr. Gerald gets to know his patients as individuals, taking note of their oral health concerns and goals.
Dr. Gerald is a SPEAR-trained dentist who has continued his education to keep up with the latest in dentistry. He dedicates his expertise to provide the best treatment methods and produce high-quality results.
If you have a developing dental health concern or would like to improve the look of your smile, contact our Vienna dental office for an appointment. A personalized treatment plan can offer the solutions you need to maintain, restore, and enhance your smile. We also serve patients from Falls Church, Oakton, Fairfax, and Northern Virginia.
Dental Services in Vienna, VA
You and your family deserve the best dental care possible. Our state-of-the-art dental office has the latest technologies for providing you with the best results. When you choose our Vienna, VA dental office, you can trust that we will provide you with excellent dental service and care in a friendly environment.
Our cosmetic, general, and restorative dental services improve the look, function, and oral health of our patients. General dentistry and cosmetic dentistry help you maintain optimal oral health for life. Restorative dental treatments can help improve the look and function of your teeth. The following are your treatment options that our Vienna dental office can provide to you and your family.
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of your teeth. It can help you get rid of stains, chips, cracks and other blemishes that make your smile look less than perfect.
Our cosmetic dentist can also correct the alignment and spacing of your teeth or change their color or shape. Cosmetic dental services are one of the most popular forms of dental treatments today because they are so effective in improving patients’ self-esteem. Our goal is to help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile that will last for years to come. To learn about our cosmetic dental treatments, see Cosmetic Dentistry.
Our cosmetic dental services include:
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers consist of thin shells of porcelain ceramic that cover the sides and front of the teeth. Patients with stained chipped, or cracked teeth benefit from this treatment.
- Dental bonding: Teeth bonding helps patients with minor tooth damage. Dental bonding is a quick and economical alternative to dental veneers.
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening will whiten your teeth by many shades. Our teeth whitening treatment is great for special events like birthdays, weddings, and graduations because treatment is quick and effective.
General dentistry is the branch of dentistry that deals with the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of oral disease and help prevent or alleviate tooth pain, decay, infections and other problems. It covers everything from cavities and gum disease to mouthguards and oral sedation.
As the most common type of dental care, it involves preventative and restorative treatments for teeth, gums, and other structures in the mouth. Our general dentist performs many procedures, including fillings, extractions, dental cleanings and fluoride treatments. To learn more about general dental care, see General Dentistry.
Our general and preventative dental services include:
- Sports Mouthguards: Players need to wear mouthguards when playing contact sports like lacrosse, hockey, football, or basketball. Mouthguards protect the teeth and gums from injury.
- Emergency Dentistry: Severe tooth pain, lost teeth, and broken dental restorations are some of the most common dental emergencies that we treat in our Vienna office.
- Family Dentistry: Dr. Gerald is a family dentist that treats patients of all ages. He helps parents and children alike learn how to best care for their smiles. Learning how to maintain your oral health and hygiene at a young age sets a foundation for future healthy smiles.
- Dental Sedation: Sedation dentistry can help anxious or fearful patients get the care they need comfortably. Dental sedation also provides comfortable and pain-free treatment. We recommend dental sedation for patients with dental fear and anxiety as well as those who require extensive procedures.
- Tooth Extractions: Patients with impacted, overcrowded, or infected teeth may need a tooth extraction to keep adjacent teeth healthy. Extractions help alleviate many issues and tooth pain in a single visit.
Restorative dental care revitalizes the function of your teeth and gums. This branch of dentistry deals with the replacement of missing teeth and the repair of fractured or damaged teeth. Restorative dentists also provide treatment for broken or decayed teeth and supporting structures. Our restorative dentist performs many procedures that can address these issues and more. To learn about our restorative services, see Restorative Dentistry.
Our restorative dental services include:
- Dental Implants: Tooth implants are titanium posts that replace missing teeth at the root. Dr. Gerald can also use them to support dental bridges and dentures.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are prosthetic teeth that replace consecutive missing teeth. We can provide removable bridges, or permanent bridges that attach to dental implants or adjacent natural teeth capped off with dental crowns.
- Dental Crowns: Porcelain tooth crowns look like natural teeth and cover implants, discolored teeth, or damaged teeth. They add durability and stability to the enamel.
- Dentures: Patients with full rows or arches of lost teeth benefit from dentures. Although traditional dentures are removable, we recommend implant-supported dentures because they make it easier to bite, speak, and chew.
- TMJ Treatment: Jaw pain, chronic headaches, and teeth grinding are common symptoms of temporomandibular joint disorders. Dr. Gerald has extensive training in treating TMJ and can help find the best TMJ treatment options for your symptoms.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Gingivitis, or gum inflammation, can lead to periodontitis, also known as gum disease. Antibacterial rinses as well as scaling and root planing can reverse the early stages of gum disease. To learn more about managing gum disease, see Periodontal Disease Treatment.
Schedule a Dental Consultation
Receive comprehensive dental services in Vienna, Virginia from Matthew Gerald, D.D.S. We will provide you with a proper diagnosis, treatment plan, and cost estimates before we begin any dental procedure. Request a dental appointment with Dr. Gerald on our website or call his office at (703) 721-4796.