Dr. Matthew Gerald provides a full menu of general, cosmetic, and restorative dental services to patients in our Vienna, VA dental practice. To provide customized treatment, Dr. Gerald gets to know his patients as individuals, taking note of their oral health concerns and goals.
Dr. Gerald is a SPEAR-trained dentist who has continued his education to keep up with the latest in dentistry. He is dedicated to learning the best treatment methods to produce high-quality results.
If you have noticed a developing dental health concern or would like to improve the appearance of your smile, contact Dr. Gerald’s office for an appointment. A personalized treatment plan can offer the solutions you need to maintain, restore or enhance your smile. We also serve patients from Falls Church, Oakton, Fairfax, and Northern Virginia.
Dental Services in Vienna, VA
Our cosmetic, general, and restorative dental treatments improve the look, function, and oral health of our patients. Explore your treatment options in our office.
Cosmetic dental care helps maintain the appearance and health of the smile:
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers consist of thin shells of porcelain ceramic that cover the sides and front of the teeth. Patients with stained chipped, or cracked teeth benefit from this treatment.
- Dental bonding: Tooth bonding helps patients with minor tooth damage. Dental bonding is a quick and economical alternative to veneers.
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening will whiten your teeth by many shades. Our teeth whitening treatment is great for special events like birthdays, weddings, and graduations because treatment is quick and effective.
General dentistry offers preventative and routine care:
- Sports Mouthguards: Players need to wear mouthguards when playing contact sports like lacrosse, hockey, football, or basketball. Mouthguards protect the teeth and gums from injury.
- Emergency Dentistry: Severe tooth pain, lost teeth, and broken dental restorations are some of the most common dental emergencies that we treat in our Vienna office.
- Family Dentistry: Dr. Gerald is a family dentist that treats patients of all ages. He helps parents and children alike learn how to best care for their smiles. Learning how to maintain your oral health and hygiene at a young age sets a foundation for future healthy smiles.
- Dental Sedation: Sedation dentistry can help anxious or fearful patients get the care they need comfortably. Dental sedation also provides comfortable and pain-free treatment. We recommend dental sedation for patients with dental fear and anxiety as well as those who require extensive procedures.
- Tooth Extractions: Patients with impacted, overcrowded, or infected teeth may need a tooth or two removed for the health of adjacent teeth. We can also provide dental implants if patients need their teeth replaced.
Restorative dental care revitalizes the function of the teeth and gums:
- Dental Implants: Tooth implants are titanium posts that replace missing teeth at the root. They can also be used to support dental bridges and dentures.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are prosthetic teeth that replace consecutive missing teeth. Bridges may be secured by dental implants or adjacent natural teeth capped off with dental crowns.
- Dental Crowns: Porcelain tooth crowns look like natural teeth and cover implants, discolored teeth, or damaged teeth. They add durability and stability to the enamel.
- Dentures: Patients with full rows or arches of lost teeth benefit from dentures. Although traditional dentures are removable, we recommend implant-supported dentures because they make it easier to bite, speak, and chew.
- TMJ Treatment: Jaw pain, chronic headaches, and teeth grinding are common symptoms of temporomandibular joint disorders. Dr. Gerald has extensive training in treating TMJ and can help find the best treatment for your symptoms.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Gingivitis, or gum inflammation, can lead to periodontitis, also known as gum disease. Antibacterial rinses as well as scaling and root planing can reverse the early stages of gum disease.
Schedule a Dental Consultation
Receive comprehensive dental services in Vienna, Virginia. Request a dental appointment with Dr. Gerald on our website or call his office at (703) 721-4796.